Questioning identity : gender, class, ethnicity
Our world is an increasingly unstable place, but current changes offer new opportunities as well as new challenges. Drawing on work from a range of disciplines and focusing on the key social divisions of gender, class and nation, it shows how these challenges and opportunities work out in practice. What is really happening when people either individually or in groups identify with particular definitions of themselves or strike out to take up new identities?
Do gender, class and ethnicity offer some stability and even certainty about who we are, or are they to be seen as limitations on our freedom to choose our own identities? Are we in the end bound by the social constraints and inequalities with which we started out?
This key text is essential reading for all students starting out in the social sciences and for anyone with an interest in the dilemmas of identity-making in contemporary society. CPD consists of any educational activity which helps to maintain and develop knowledge, problem-solving, and technical skills with the aim to provide better health care through higher standards. It could be through conference attendance, group discussion or directed reading to name just a few examples. We provide a free online form to document your learning and a certificate for your records.
Already read this title?
- Jobs for Youth/Des emplois pour les jeunes: United States 2009 (Emploi et le marché du travail)?
- If Darwin Prayed.
- Questioning Identity: Gender, Class, Ethnicity - Google Книги?
- Find a copy online.
- The Fires of Midnight (The Blaine McCracken Novels)!
- Spiritual Consolation: An Ignatian Guide for Greater Discernment!
- Questioning identity : gender, class, nation / edited by Kath Woodward - Details - Trove?
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. Add to Wish List. Toggle navigation Additional Book Information. Description Table of Contents.
Woodward: Questioning identity
Summary Our world is an increasingly unstable place, but current changes offer new opportunities as well as new challenges. Request an e-inspection copy.
- See a Problem??
- Obedience to God?
- e-OleronX.com (FICTION) (French Edition).
- Baptism, Children and Festivals in Nain - Nunatsiavut, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada 1965-66 (Photo Albums Book 2).
- Shop by category!
- Domine Jesu, No. 8 from Mass No. 19 (Requiem) in D Minor, K626 (Full Score)?
The Bookshelf application offers access: Offline Computer — Download Bookshelf software to your desktop so you can view your eBooks with or without Internet access. The country you have selected will result in the following: