Courts and Conflict in Twelfth-Century Tuscany [Hardback]
Studded with colorful contemporary narratives, the book explores the mindsets of medieval Italians, and examines the legal framework which structured their society. Chris Wickham uncovers the interrelationships and collisions between different legal systems, and in doing so provides a new understanding of mentalities and power in the Italian city-state.
JSTOR: Access Check
The Development of Judicial Procedures 3. Roman Law in Practice 5.
Dispute Settlement outside the City 6. Ecclesiastical Disputing in the Tuscan Diocese 7.
- Courts and Conflict in Twelfth-Century Tuscany | Reviews in History.
- #1548 DRAWERS VINTAGE KNITTING PATTERN.
- Courts and Conflict in Twelfth-Century Tuscany.
- Courts and Conflict in Twelfth-Century Tuscany!
- Perform or Else: From Discipline to Performance;
- Queridisimas Hijas (Spanish Edition).
- Courts and Conflict in Twelfth-Century Tuscany by Chris Wickham.
Sample Cases Bibliography Index. Particularly valuable is Wickham's concluding chapter. Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.